Saturday, June 11, 2016

Mallory Update ~20 Weeks~



Breastfeeding:
I had a recent bout of Mastitis this week.  I started to feel uncomfortable Saturday and figured she just hadn't nursed in a while.  But then when she did it hurt.  A lot.  Something that hadn't happened before.  And then when I started to feel kind of icky over night I knew what was happening.  I had mastitis with Eleanor but didn't know what it was so I didn't get the antibiotics.  This time I wasn't going to do that so I called the on call and got antibiotics. I still felt mildly icky Sunday, and super full for a few days but pretty much better now.

I'm becoming more comfortable with nursing uncovered.  I did at the zoo and it was fine.  I tried to choose a quieter place, used the stroller on one side and turned my body. I didn't have a cover so I would have had to anyway, but it was fine.  

She's been nursing more this week.  I feel like it's been every 2-3 hours during the day. 

Sleep:
My best friend was in town this weekend.  We took the girls (well Eleanor) for ice cream.  Mallory was fussing and as I was loading her in the car Eleanor said to my friend:  "We have to go for a ride to get Mallory to sleep"  So clearly it's something we do occasionally. lol

The car isn't always a given though.  The last few times she's been in the car she's screamed.  Like stress me out screams.  Not just little whimpers.

I just don't know how to get her to sleep on her own. If she does sleep it's always in my arms. It's so hard to get anything done when I spend half my day trying to get her to sleep for only a brief time.

Misc:
Watching her interact with Eleanor melts my heart.  Eleanor is super protective of her, and Mallory really does smile when she sees her.

I pulled out the high chair for her this week.  She wasn't a huge fan of it yet, but it's nice to have her closer to us at the table.






Mallory's face!



No comments:

Post a Comment