Friday, February 5, 2016

Two Week Update ~ Mallory


I'll likely say this every week, but if time could just slow down that would be super great!  I mean two weeks doesn't seem like much but at the same time it feels like Mallory has always been with us.

So she's still doing some quick nursing sessions which is annoying when it's 2 am and I want her to nurse for long enough that she'll sleep a few hours and not 3 minutes which means she will be up in an hour ready to go again.  I know her stomach is tiny so she needs to eat more and I really do cherish those middle of the night snuggles when it's just us, but it's tiring.

Still I know it won't be like this forever (or hope not anyway) so for now it's just how it is going to be.  

She had her two week checkup today and she was at 7 lbs 15 oz.  At birth she was 7 lbs 2 oz so her pediatrician was happy that she was well over her birth weight.  She was up just a little in the height department and is still rocking that 90% head.  

She's still sleeping a lot - which is expected - but her alert periods are lasting a lot longer.  Last night was a rough night here (mostly due to Eleanor's lack of desire to sleep)  and my mom came over this morning on her break so I could lay down for a little bit and Mallory was up the whole time (so like an hour).

She had her first bath at home (had one in the hospital) this week and after the initial what is going on she chilled right out and fell asleep.  Rob actually did the bath and he said she didn't like the fresh warm water and preferred the water that she was sitting in to be poured on her.

She had a fussy day or two this week and I don't know if it was a growth spurt since she did eat a lot the next day or something I ate (and I did have more soda with caffeine that day so maybe?) but is back to her 'normal' self today.

Her hair is looking lighter I think and her color has approved and looks good. 

My weight is starting to move a little but I'm not worried about it.  My stomach is still super flabby and I'm a little self conscious of that.  But recovery wise I'm still doing good.  I'm feeling good but still trying to take it easy.  

Eleanor is still in love with Mallory which was something I was worried about.   I do feel like Mallory is going to wind up with a cold soon because Eleanor get's in her face and kisses her a lot. 






No comments:

Post a Comment