Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Round 2: 21 weeks



How far along:  21 weeks

Baby Size:  Pomegranate or a beer bottle




Weight:  3 1/2 pounds this last week, which puts me up about 12 lbs so far. 



Symptoms:   


  • Wild dreams
  • Sciatic Nerve
  • I'm probably going to need to start sleeping with a bra on
  • My bowels are still very active.  
  • I feel like I eat all the time.  I thought that maybe I was eating out of boredom (and I'm sure that's part of it) so I tried to not do that but I was still hungry.  


Maternity Clothes:  Mostly tops, pretty much all bottoms.  I'm getting a bit of a bump which is helping hold up the full panel pants.

Sleep:  I am still up often but when I am sleeping it is a deeper sleep

Cravings/Food Aversions:   I told Rob that I think this baby is going to be born with diabetes because of the junk and sugar I've been consuming.  Why can't I want fruit?


Belly Button:  In but it's getting shallower


Rings on or off: On

Gender:  Girl.   I kind of have been feeling girl vibes lately, but really I say girl because I think every single person (except one or two) thinks this baby is a boy.  I just have to be difficult

Name:  Girl, probably.  Boy, yes.


Movement:  Yep.  And I'm starting to get some movement from the outside. 


Stretch Marks:  No new ones, but I think they are becoming darker

Best moment:  Not baby related. Last Thursday was my birthday and then we went to Shipshewana on Friday for the night.  It was a nice change of pace.


Looking forward to:  Rob feeling the baby. 


Nervous about:  Eleanor being jealous.  Sometimes with the baby I watch she will get jealous.  Usually she loves her friend and is so sweet and helpful but she has the moments where as soon as the baby cries she will whine to be held because she knows that it means I will pick the baby up. 

What I miss:  Holding Eleanor comfortably.  It's hard to hold her and she wants to be held at times also.  I feel so bad telling her no.


Labor signs:  Nope

Appointments:  October 7 for a prenatal checkup


Misc.  I had a dream on Friday night it was a girl.  I went to the hospital at 38 weeks expecting to be sent home, but then the doctor said it was okay and I could have the baby then.   Next thing I know Rob was holding our baby girl and she had dark hair and was wearing a green onesie and pants.   She was 5 lbs 16 oz (which I am aware is actually 6 lbs; side note- I was 5 lbs 15 oz) Apparently the doctor just pushed on my stomach and out popped the baby (vaginally).  No c-section and recovery was amazing.

Then Sunday night I had a dream I was pregnant but we adopted a girl.  We went to this agency and the lady was like you can have this baby.  She was three months old and had a ton of hair.  I tried to nurse her but was scared to because she already had 2 teeth on the bottom.

On Sunday we had this get together with people who were really important in Rob's mom's life when she was a teenager and who they haven't seen in years.  I've never met them and while they were all so sweet and kind I did get my first random belly rub.  I met this woman 30 seconds before and she's rubbing my belly already.  I don't get as weird about it as some people, and my best friend rubbed my belly when it was just bloat (talking to you Christina, lol), but I was still like um hi nice to meet you.  I gathered through she's just a very touchy feely person and it's her personality (and really she was very sweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment