Saturday, February 7, 2015

16 months ~ The Eleanor Update



Word List
What's this
Where'd it go?  (It can be baby, ball, etc...)
Oh no
Baby- I hear "the baby" all the time
Sydney (the name of the baby I watch)
Hi
Bye
Ball
Sock
Cup
Shoe
Mama
Dada
Night Night (ni ni)
Teeth (she says this teef when she sees her toothbrush)
Nose
Dance
Two (but only two)
Cheese
Please (which also sounds likes cheese)
I love you (and I melted when she said this)



She knows some body parts: nose, ears, belly, mouth, feet, and she can point to her eyes most of the time. 

She can tell you what noise a horse, cow, snake, dog (her favorite), a monkey, a cat, and a rooster make. 


She is constantly amazing me with her memory lately.  The other day she pulled out these wooden animal card things, and walked down the hall to my room, pushed open the door and grabbed the cow one that was there, all the while saying "booo" (which is how she says moo).  I was impressed she remembered.  

She will clap her hands when you sing "if your happy and you know it"

She's learned how to climb up into the rocking chair, and on the ottomans.  She can't climb on the couch, but can get down from it. 

She loves her baby doll and says baby all day long. 

Sleep has gotten better.  She sleeps through the night (until 5:30/6 am) most nights, although those early wake up calls are killing me.   Naps are even getting better.  She can put herself to sleep half the time (she usually plays for a while but I don't care).

She's still breastfeeding and not ready to wean at all.  Truthfully I'm not either.  I've been trying to go to 3 (4 if there is a middle of the night) sessions.  We nurse when she wakes up in the morning, before nap and before bed.

New favorite foods are eggs and cheese sticks.  



No comments:

Post a Comment