Monday, May 5, 2014

The Eleanor Update: Week 30

Every week I take her picture with this bear; but she rarely shows interest in it. 

Feeding: I've been working on some introducing some new foods lately.  I've been trying not to do to many fruits yet because I want her to love vegetables.  Most have been successful though.  She liked peas (puree) and even though she tried broccoli (as a whole piece) most of it wound up in her high chair.  I also have her puffs which she didn't eat (I don't think she could pick them up very well), but she liked the Mum-Mums.  I only give her a half of one once or twice a day.  She could and probably would eat the whole one, but they are kind of expensive so I don't. 

She's still nursing on demand - it's closer to 3 hours now.  Yesterday she went a 4 hour stretch and when I realized it (by looking at the app I use when I sat down for her next feeding) I felt awful.  Rob said she wasn't crying and she would have if she had been hungry and I know but I felt like I starved her anyway.





Sleep:
Yesterday I put a soft blanket in her crib and laid her on it.  She napped for an hour and half.  I had to wake her up to get her dressed and fed before church.  I don't know if it was just a coincidence and I want to try it again, but I'm nervous to.  I kept checking that monitor.

She also slept from 9 pm Saturday night to 5:30 am Sunday, I nursed her and she slept in until 7 am.

I write these posts throughout the week so I write how it's been going and then the night before I publish it she switches it up just to make me re-write it.  Like this morning she slept in until.......wait for it.....8 am!  I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened ever.  She woke up at 1:30 and 5:30 to nurse though, but I don't care.  8 am is a lot easier to get up at than 6:30.



Misc:  
We didn't get out much this week.  It rained a lot this week so we were stuck inside a lot.




She's become an expert at scooting backwards and has been getting up on all fours a lot lately.




Pictures:





A new garage sale puzzle



Visiting nana at work; she really loved that binder clip.
Exhausted after visiting Nana


She loves that vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment