Monday, March 10, 2014

The Eleanor Update: Week 22



Breastfeeding:  She has been getting really distracted lately.  She's constantly latching and unlatching herself.  Her feeding times have also gotten shorter.  She was never really a long nurser (more than 15 minutes was unusual), but now it's like 7-8 minutes.  I usually stop her then, because of the latching and unlatching.

She'll nurse a 'normal' 10-12 minutes in the middle of the night though.

Sleep:  I know I posted this on facebook (more than once), but seriously this last week has been horrid.  She won't nap.  I am losing my sanity.  I need some me time.  I need some sleep.  I spend an hour plus listening to her cry and trying to calm her just for her to nap 15 minutes.  It's exhausting.

I've resorted to car rides on more than one occasion to get to her to sleep.  Actually she does nap.  But only when she's in the car seat.

Yesterday, despite it being 20*, we took a short (like 5 minutes) walk in the k'tan.  I knew the fresh air would help both of us, and honestly, before I had even walked past then neighbors house she was snoring. Then she slept an hour and half in that thing on me.  I couldn't do much, but I didn't care.  She was sleeping!

She did start sleeping in the crib over the weekend.  Once she finally settles down for the night she does alright.  She still wakes up once or twice in the middle of the night, but she has done okay with it.  I just need her to nap in it.

Misc:
She's been sticking out her tongue for a while, but the last few days have been super charged.


We were out to eat on Saturday with my sister, brother in law and nephew.  When the waitress came over she set the bill in front of me.  I was smiling at my nephew and didn't see Ellie grab the pen and color on her face.  I should have gotten a picture (she had a line down her cheek and by her nose), but I felt horrible because she could have poked her eye.

Shortly before that happened, I was nursing her covered and when the couple (late 60's/early 70's) sitting next to us left the lady stopped by our table and said she thought it was really cool that I was nursing her.  It was the first time someone has said something to me, and thankfully it was positive.  It made me feel really good. 







Yeah for fresh air!

Eleanor is 2 days older, but she looks huge!



Trying out a new k'tan hold.



2 comments:

  1. Aww bless her, she is really adorable. I have to admit I'm jealous of your snow. Being from England we never get snow that awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We've had so much snow this year. It's one of the top 5 on record. I'm over it! :)

      Delete