Monday, February 24, 2014

The Eleanor Update: 20 weeks



Sleep: I wrote about my lack of sleep, and totally forgot to mention anything about Eleanor.  Ooops.  Anyway I did write a post about her naps recently (read about it here).  Basically she only takes catnaps no matter what I do.

Over the weekend she did take some 40 minute naps on Saturday, and a 2+ hour nap on Sunday! On the flip side she doesn't go down as well at night.  Once she's finally down  (and from the first time she lays down she may wake up once or twice crying; a little shushing and rocking the rock n play works) but then she's out for 6-8 hours.

She usually nurses once overnight and is up between 7 and 8 for the day.

She's still in the rock n play.  I'm starting to get ready to move her, but at the same time I love having her near me.  I'm just reassured knowing I can look over at her and knows she's still breathing of something. 


Breastfeeding: I've noticed she's starting to go longer stretches.  Before it would be about every 2 hours, but know it's closer to 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

She's becoming very distracted when eating especially if Rob's around.  She will constantly pull off and stare at him. 

Misc:  Eleanor had her 4 month check up last week.  She was 75% for weight (just under 15lbs), 50% for height (24 1/4) and 75% for head.   She did great with her shots.  She cried initially, then I nursed her and she was fine.  She was chatty on the way home and I gave her tylenol and she was fine for the next few hours.  Then she cried for a while but really she did awesome!

She did pretty well at her 2 month so I'm not that surprised.

Her pediatrician was impressed with how well she was sitting up and her fine motor skills. 

Her pediatrician also asked if she was eating solids yet.  I'm waiting until 6 months and when I said so he was totally fine with that.  I know some push it a little more, but since she's clearly doing fine on just breast milk and she sleeps okay at night I don't see the need. 

I did put a little breast milk on a spoon and gave it to her and she was a little confused, but she's really interested in anything we have in our hands and are eating/drinking so I think she would be ready.

She started sticking out her tongue this weekend all the time.





No comments:

Post a Comment