Saturday, December 28, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up 12-28

I'm not sure when the last time I did one of these was.  Since basically the only thing I do is take care of Eleanor (which I know is work) she's my life and I update on her weekly anyway so I don't have much else to add here.

1) I'm trying to get back into the whole contest entering thing.  I won a dress shirt onesie thing that my nephew got for Christmas, and I got a few prizes that I won around the time Eleanor was born.  They included a money game for preschoolers and a baby care package.

2) I'm ready to get serious about finding a job.  It's the last thing I want to do, but I hate hate hate that I'm not financially contributing.  I hated it the whole time, but now that she's 12 weeks, it just isn't working out for me not to work.   I'd love to be able to find something part time that I can still have her with me (such as child care or a work at home job).


3) The weather here has me dealing with major cabin fever.  It's been constantly snowy and icy and I wouldn't go out if it was just myself, so I'm even less likely to take my little baby girl out.  My short little mini trips to the grocery store, a mile away when Rob get's home is what's keeping me sane.
So basically I don't want to leave, but if I didn't make at list a short trip out, I'd get super stir crazy.




4) I love Christmas and love the decorations, but I'm actually thinking about taking them down this weekend.  The tree is taking up room that I want back, and with nothing under it anymore it looks kind of sad.

So Christmas didn't go at all like I thought it would. On Christmas Eve we gave her her first gift, a pair of jammies, because I want to start that tradition. Eleanor did good at Rob's cousin until she needed a diaper change and was tired.  She was passed around and was doing good.  We ended up skipping my mom's extended family, for the second year in a row.  I was bummed but it just wound up overlapping our get together with his mom and sister. Again she was pretty happy unless her diaper was wet.  She slept six hours that night.  Her longest stretch ever!


How adorable is my niece?!?
Christmas morning she was happy! We opened gifts.  We kept it small because we just don't  have the budget this year.  Then we headed over to my sisters where she turned into a hot mess.  She cried and screamed and wouldn't sleep and the only thing that calmed her was nursing so I spent quite a bit of time doing that and just snuggling with her.  I didn't dare set her down or pass her off.  It was a little stressful and I never got a family picture like I had wanted.  







We finally left and got home and she was okay.  Then she napped for a few hours and nursed for a while and was happy when Rob's dad and sister showed up

I'm pretty sure she was just so overly tired and over stimulated, but it wasn't the first Christmas I had planned for her.

5) At the beginning of the week our power went out.  I was actually up at 3:00 am when it went out using the bathroom and then Eleanor wanted to nurse so I nursed her by flashlight.  I usually play on my phone to stay awake, but didn't want to drain the battery so it was boring.  Then the power came back on around 6:30 and went back off for a few hours in the afternoon, but we were pretty lucky that was all.  Some people were without for days and with super cold temps plus Christmas it would have been stressful.   The internet was down for a few days and I was going crazy.  I need the internet!

I was bored and was having a selfie session with Rob.






No comments:

Post a Comment