Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Undercover Mama ~ Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. All opinions are my own.

With it being the holiday's I'm gone from home more often and so it becomes necessary to nurse Eleanor somewhere other than my home.  Usually I will just go into another room because it's easier and I don't feel comfortable showing off my post c-section flabby stomach and stretch marks.

But really it's also Michigan, and winter, so having my stomach and back exposed when I nurse her means I get cold.

I have two nursing tanks (one black, one white), but I have a larger chest so the support isn't the best, and I only have two so if I need to leave the house and nurse I have to make sure one is clean (and laundry has kind of piled up despite efforts to keep up). 

So when I was given the chance to review Undercover Mama nursing tank, I jumped at the chance.

It's a strapless camisole that attaches right to any nursing bra. It comes in sizes from XS to 2XL, and in 13 different colors. 



Originally the size small (seen above) I was sent was to small for me to even put on.  I didn't think that one through and should have asked for a bigger size. This was my own error though and not a company mistake.

I still contacted them to see what they wanted me to do, and I could have still finished the review, but I wouldn't have been able to actually wear the shirt.  They offered to send me one in a larger size (points for awesome customer service!)  and once I got it I put it right on and it fit!

To use it I looped the part of the bra that unclips for nursing through a little loop on the Undercover Mama and clipped it.  Super easy.  There is also another sliding clip way to hook it.  See the image below.


I think I must have clipped it wrong this way, because it doesn't match the picture (it seems to hang lower), although when I watched their video it seemed I was doing it right.  But really either way you hook it is super easy.

Unlatching it one handed is super easy, and with a crying baby a necessity.  The nursing tank does it's job and kept my belly and back covered and warm (or as warm as it will be with zero degree temps outside).
Sweet girl wanted to make an appearance.

 The only problem I encountered was with the sizing.  They recommend ordering a size down from your normal size.  For example I would normally wear a medium or large so a small should have fit.  Or at least pre-pregnancy it would have anyway.  I forgot that my body isn't what it used to be sometimes.  

A medium may have fit, but I was concerned it would have been to snug in the chest area. This is why I asked for a large and even though it may not have been as snug, it also wasn't lose or gaping.

They do offer pre-paid postage, hassle free returns if you are in the US, so if you do happen to order the wrong size, you can exchange for the correct one.

I loved this product and would absolutely recommend it. I have a hard time finding bras that fit and an even more difficult time finding tanks that fit.  So the ability to take a bra and make it into a tank in a variety of colors is awesome!

The one that I was sent sells for $24.99.   They have a laced trim option that sells for $26.99 and a slimming style that sells for $34.99.

You can check them out on their websitefacebooktwitter, or pinterest.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment