Saturday, December 7, 2013

Happy Two Months Eleanor!

Two months already!  As much as I do miss that sweet snuggly newborn stage she's getting more interactive and is become really full of smiles and it really is a fun time as well.

  • With the exception of a few newborn onesies she's pretty much entirely in 0-3 month stuff.  Putting away the newborn stuff was a little sad.
  • She's sleeping at least one 4-5 hour stretch at night and is becoming a better daytime sleeper.  She usually naps in her crib and is doing great with it.  I'm so not ready for her to be in there at night though.
  • She's becoming talkative.  I'm semi-convinced she says words.  I know she's not really, but it sounds like she says 'hi' for example.
  • She is also pretty smiley like I mentioned above.  And these aren't just gas or sleep smiles.  She'll be kicking away in the bouncer and I will look at her and she will smile, so I know it's a real smile.
I weighed her on Thursday (2 days shy of the 2 month mark) at the breastfeeding support group I've been going to and with just a onesie and a clean diaper and she was 11 lbs.  I've had breastfeeding struggles but I know she's gaining weight and growing so I'm going to keep up with it because I love knowing I'm giving her the best possible thing for her. (I'm not saying formula is bad and if you go that route it's still good, I'm just thankful I am able to breastfeed because it is tough).

I still don't know her height, but she has her 2 month appointment next week so I'll find out then. She's also getting shots then and I'm nervous about that.

For more detailed progress updates you can always check out her weekly updates.  You can find them in the right side bar where all my previous posts are listed.



No comments:

Post a Comment