Friday, November 8, 2013

Favorite Things: 1 month edition

Now that we have hit the one month mark (um...what?)  I figured it would be a good time to share some of our favorite things that we have used this past month.

1) Snuza:  I don't think I would sleep at night without this thing.  It is a motion sensor that clips on to Eleanor's diaper and detects breathing.  If she stops breathing for 15 seconds it vibrates, and at 20 seconds an alarm sounds.  It's gone off a couple times because it was loose, but I still would rather false alarms than not at all.

This is probably one of my all time favorite baby products.  I have already looked into replacement batteries, but I think I'd have to go to a specialty battery shop.  Otherwise I will get another one as a backup.  It's  worth that much to me.



2) Rock n play: Eleanor sleeps in this at night next to my bed.  She loves it.  It cradles her and I think she feels secure in it.  I have yet to hear anyone say anything bad about them and so I knew I had to have one.  I got mine from a garage sale for half the price in great condition, but I would have paid the full price for it.



3) Sleep sacks:  We tried a few different ones, but the ones that worked best was the Halo swaddle ones, because they have the zipper that zips up from the bottom which makes diaper changes much easier at night. Now she doesn't like to have her arms in, but they still help to keep her warm at night.\


3) Snugabunny bouncer:  She also really likes to sit in this and watch the birds, and will fall asleep in it often.



5) Newborn diapers.  We didn't buy any, but I'm thankful we were given some because they worked out a lot better the first few weeks than the size 1 diapers did.  The wetness indicator was a plus also.



6) My breast friend nursing pillow: My sister lent this to me and I am thankful because the other nursing pillow I had would have been to snug against my stomach.


7) Keyfit caddy stroller frame. I know I've made mention of this before, but I love this thing.  It's so easy to fold/unfold, it is pretty compact, and I love that the car seat just snaps in.  I've used it a lot on our neighborhood walks.  It's not the best handling stroller on uneven surfaces, but it does okay.



8) Quick snacks:  Granola bars and cheese sticks have become a staple for me.  I didn't realize how little time I actually would have to eat.   The s'mores granola bars are my favorite, but I haven't been able to find just a pack of them in stores.  I always have to get them in a mixed pack, but now that I know amazon sells just them, I will have to invest in some.




9) Ibabylog app.  I have it for my iphone so I don't know if it's just available for apple or android as well.  This app is free and has been a lifesaver.  It keeps track of everything you could want it to.

 There is the obvious one of feedings.  It tracks nursing sessions from which side to the length of each feed to how long in between to how many per day.  It tracks bottle feedings to how long and how much was given.  It also tracks diaper changes (including wet or dirty and if dirty what kind).  You can also use it to track doctors visits, baths, medicine, pumping sessions, sleep etc...  I'm so glad I found this app.

And like I said it's totally FREE! I'm cheap, or better put frugal, but I would have paid for this app.   It can even be synced between phones etc... I have yet to do that though.


No comments:

Post a Comment