Friday, October 4, 2013

Pregnancy Reflections

As I enter the hopefully final days of this pregnancy (I'm 40 weeks 3 days), I've been thinking back on what the whole journey to get to this point was like. 

I'm doing my best to make this post flow, but it may be choppy so I apologize. 

When we first made the decision to try and start a family I thought we would be trying for a while.  I knew the odds of conceiving each month and didn't want to get my hopes up of it happening so soon. To my surprise cycle 2 was successful, but that ended shortly after finding out.  Then cycle 3 was another success and another early loss.  On cycle 6 we got lucky again, and that pregnancy is about to result in a baby girl.   

I do credit the fact that getting pregnant easily was in part due to my charting, which helped me determine the most fertile days. (Charting supplies).   I would recommend charting any day to anyone who wants to become pregnant. 

I expected to be constantly throwing up the first trimester, and I was lucky and didn't throw up more than a few times.  I was however nauseous almost all the time, but that wasn't a complete surprise. 

(Finding out I'm pregnant post)

Maybe it was me just being hopeful but I thought Rob would be one of those super helpful husbands. And I mean there are times where he's picked up something when I needed, but I've been stuck doing stuff on my own a lot. I have to beg a foot rub or back rub, and then when I do, it's for 2 minutes while he plays on his phone with the other hand.  Or maybe it's not really true and just feels that way. 

He has gotten better the closer to the end we have gotten.

Sorry for the over share but I never got the pregnancy libido increase.  I don't enjoy sex because its awkward and uncomfortable now.  We started off the pregnancy having pretty regular sex, and then it dropped down to once a week, and now it's once every few weeks that we even attempt it.   Rob's response is to imply and make references to it multiple times a day (but maybe this is just a guy thing), although when I say okay, even he doesn't want to do it then. I know women on my birth month board who have had sex only a few times since January so consider yourself lucky.  Lol. 

I thought that this pregnancy I would have a constant job and job security and that wasn't the case.  I had 4 different jobs this pregnancy. It caused a lot of stress on us and still does.  I'm sure we will be okay, but it would have been nice to not have to worry about it.

I planned to be active throughout the whole pregnancy and take walks daily, but by week 30 it was clear that wasn't going to happen.  I had (and still have) a lot of back pain.  My back has always curved more than normal, and pregnancy just made it worse.  Plus I gained most of my weight in my belly (and I'm thankful for that, I think), but that was another reason it put pressure on my back.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about being pregnant and feeling the baby move, but I have loved it.  At times her movements have actually hurt, but I'm still pretty sure I'm going to miss feeling her from the inside.

I actually thought I might have this baby early.  While I had been saying she would come past her date, I kind of thought she might be earlier.  I'm only basing that on the fact that I was early (as was my brother and sister) and my sister had her baby early also.

Considering I'm now past my due date, and am experiencing no labor signs, I have no idea when she will show up.

I never fully understand how people could wish their babies here early (before 38 weeks), but I get it. I really have enjoyed being pregnant, but the last few months have been tough.  I'm sore, in pain, and just uncomfortable.  I'm so ready for her to get here and meet her. 




No comments:

Post a Comment