Saturday, September 14, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up 9/14

1) I mentioned last week about being more positive because I have learned how quickly things can changed.  The woman I mentioned from church who had just found out her chemo didn't work and was going home on hospice passed away over the weekend.  The funeral was earlier this week.  I couldn't believe how many people were there.  I've never seen that many people in the church, even on combined service weeks.  It goes to show the impact a person can have just by being a friend to everyone who needs one.  

2)  My friend was in town for a few days this week for the funeral.  Even if it was a sad reason, it was nice to see her.  She came over and brought 4 donuts.  We each ate one.  Then after she left I ate another.  I offered Rob the last one, but he never ate it, so the next morning I ate the last one.  I must lack self-control or something like that.

3) Yesterday was my sister in law's birthday.  Happy Birthday Lisa!  This afternoon we are going to their moms house to celebrate her birthday and mine (which is Tuesday).  Tuesday is also my dad's birthday.  Will baby girl be the third generation to share a September 17 birthday?  

4) We are going to a housewarming party later for Rob's friends.  They just moved into a brand new never lived in house.  I'm a little jealous.  It's not that they have a huge house, it's just that it's new and shiny.  But I like our house and it fits our needs with plenty of room (even with baby).

5)  Winnings weren't great this week but I did win a chicco travel system.  Which is awesome, but winning it a month ago would have been even better before we got the chicco car seat and the keyfit caddy.
When I first heard I won it, I initially was going to sell it, but I told Rob about it and he wants to keep it.  This way he has a car seat base for his car, and he wants to keep the stroller in his car (and while it wouldn't fit in mine, it should fit in his).  That just leaves us with a extra infant car seat to attempt to sell or so whatever we choose to do with it. 

I also got a kids care bear dvd that I won recently.  I plan on using this as a gift if needed.



And I finally got the kids blanket I won...At the end of May.  I gave up on ever getting it so I was surprised when it showed up yesterday.  It's a taggie style blanket with the loops of fabric on it.  I have no need for more blankets, we have more than enough, but it's still kind of cute.



6) I've been keeping track of every single penny I spend/make for almost 2 months and it's pretty sad.  I don't really spend a lot of money on anything other than groceries or gas, and monthly bills.  We don't go out a lot, we have the internet and netflix.  No cable or any other indulgences like that.   I'm still positive money, but not by much and not for much longer.

I am getting super stressed out about it.  I've been wanting new couches for so long and a chest freezer and I can't see that happening.  Rob says we could use what money we have saved up (which is about 1/4) for the couches and try to finance the rest, but I don't want to do that.

I know that those are just things, but I want them.

And when I think about having to pay the deductible for our health insurance (which is $3,000), the  cost of the health insurance rising by adding another person onto the plan, car insurance (which is $800 for 6 months; due in the next month), and how bills just go up here in the winter (higher electrical cost, higher cost of heating the house; with a newborn I'm not just going to suck it up like I normally would if it were myself), and my dream of those things just slips away.

My savings is going to quickly be depleted I fear, and with no job and nothing even on the horizon I feel overwhelmed. I was crying about it the other day, and Rob tried to tell me it's okay, that right now I just need to focus on the baby and taking care of her.  Really though I'm confident that he's stressed out on the inside as well because he never planned on being the sole financial provider for us.

I don't even think looking for a job at this point is worth it because I could have a baby any day, but I've still been checking care.com.  I don't really know what else I could do, and this way I wouldn't have to pay child care.  I have found a job on there in the past so hopefully I will have good luck again.




7) I got my car back this week and I love it.  I'm not embarrassed of my car anymore.  It looks so nice and pretty.  I posted a picture on instagram, but I'll share it here as well.  If you don't follow me yet on instagram you can click on the photo icon on the right side bar or go to www.instagram/kelle017

I don't have the before picture; I can't believe I don't!, but look how nice the hood looks.  You can even see the reflection in it.  It's that shiny and pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment