Saturday, August 31, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up 8/31

1)  I'm a day early, but I want to be sure to wish my little sister a Happy Birthday!  

2)  This summer I got the chance to go back and watch the kids that I spent 5 1/2 years watch.  I didn't know I would have this chance, and I'm really thankful that I did.  To celebrate the end of the summer we had an ice cream bar.  We got out the ice cream, and went to the store to pick up some toppings.  These kids loaded up their bowls with different forms of candy, syrup, & whip cream.  I think they loved it!  Then I got a present from them.  It was a pack of bottles & sippy cups for baby girl, a bottle of wine for me & a bottle of beer for Rob (and a cheesecake as well).  As my boss told me "everyone get's a bottle! If you want to read about last years last day you can read it here (Last year's last day)

3) Now that I am officially out of a job and have none in sight I'm getting worried. At the same time, I'm looking forward to being able to relax this last month or so before she get's here. 

4) I finally received a diaper this week that I won at the beginning of July. I won a prize pack that included a few of these Betty Crocker small pouch food mixes, an apron, oven mitts and a $10 Walmart card.   I also won a subscription to Medela's breastfeeding university which will be helpful.

5) Last Saturday was our ten year class reunion.  Rob and I actually graduated together (although we didn't talk until 4 years after graduation).  My best friend was in town and even though it was a small group of people (maybe 50-60 total, that included spouses) it was still fun.


6) I also had my last baby shower on Sunday for church. It was the smallest shower yet, maybe 10-15 ladies, but it was perfect.  I got some more clothes, bath stuff, and misc. things.   

I saw a dress like this on pinterest and thought it would be perfect since I'm due on opening day of bow season, and Rob is a huge hunter.  I asked a friend if she could make it for me and she offered to do it as a baby shower gift. She also made some cloth wipes, wet bag, a sleep sack and cute booties. And she has an etsy shop (check it out here)

Then I got these super cute hats which are also handmade.  

This book was actually on one of my registries, but the person who gave it to me didn't check.  She works with kids and they love it, so she thought baby girl would also.  And I do love it! Obviously since I asked for it. :)




And while I don't have a picture of it, my best friend (who is in a picture above) got baby girl a 'Somebody in Minnesota loves me'  onesie.  Perfect!

That's all I have for now. Enjoy this long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment