Tuesday, May 7, 2013

19 week update




How far along:  19 weeks

Baby Size:  softball or a mango

Weight:  I gained about a pound this last week.  I'm up right around 6 overall now.

Symptoms:  
Apparently I had a bad case of pregnancy brain over the weekend. 


Maternity Clothes:  I think I still could wear my regular clothes, but I've started mixing them in.

Sleep:  I'm sleeping in 2 hour stretches so it's gotten better.

Cravings/Food Aversions:   I've jumped off the no caffeine bandwagon.  I knew it was fine to have before, but having given it up before getting pregnant I just didn't want to start again.  I haven't had a whole soda to myself, but I've been drinking off of Robs when he has it.  Yummy cherry coke!

Belly Button:  Way in.  I'd be surprised if it popped. 


Rings on or off: On

Gender:  GIRL!

Name:   We settled on a name this weekend.  We had the first name picked even before getting pregnant, but we needed a middle name.  It's not my favorite middle name, and I wouldn't have chosen it, but it was important to Rob and it does sound fine together.  I've started saying it so I can get used to it.   We are keeping the name a secret, probably will share before birth though.   I will say the name isn't just a random name we both liked.  There is sentiment behind it (actually both)


Movement: I felt a few little pokes last week and have been feeling something that almost feels like tickling (maybe that's the butterfly feeling).  I'm pretty sure it's her although it is sporadic. 


Best moment: I overhead Rob on the phone talking about being a father to a daughter and how he has heard that relationship is actually deeper with a daughter than a son (I have no idea if this is true), but just the way he was talking about wanting to take her out and do daddy/daughter things when she was older just melted my heart and made me smile.

Rob's great aunt gave us a blanket over the weekend that his great grandma made for his first baby before she died.  I never meet her so it was before we were even together (and we've been together almost 6 years).  I guess he went over there one day and they were working on them for all the kids, and Rob commented on how he liked the fabric and she made him one.  His great aunt has been saving it for years and was so excited to give it to us.  I love that there is meaning and a story behind it and that's it her connection to her great great grandma. 

Looking forward to:   Next week being half way done.

What I miss:  


Labor signs: No no no.  Nothing until 38 weeks please.

Appointments:  Next week at 20 weeks. 


Misc.  We visited Rob's grandparents on Sunday.  They got us a big box of diapers (they said it was a birthday gift for Rob, his birthday is Friday), and a cute bag that had a few outfits, bibs and blankets in it.  Baby girl is spoiled already! 

I've had my aunts on my my mom's and dad side's talk to me already about baby showers.  Aah it seems so soon. 


2 comments:

  1. Glad you have a name. I am surr it is a lovely name. We kept all of our names secret until birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift from Rob's great-grandma - so special.

    Thank you so much for linking up at the Friday Baby Shower - look forward to seeing you at this week's party, Alice x

    ReplyDelete