Thursday, April 11, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up 4.12.13

1) Here is my duh moment of the week.  Me: Why is the tv so quiet?  Rob: It's on mute. 

2) I haven't won anything in a few weeks. I got the last prize that I won this week and it is adorable.

It is a onesie from Kinderstuff and is made with organic cotton and it is so soft.  I don't know if baby is a boy or a girl yet (just a few more weeks), but I went with this because while it might be more boyish, I think a baby girl could still rock it.  If I change my mind I always have a baby nephew coming who probably doesn't really need clothes, but would look adorable in this.





3) I also won this (Premama Prenatal Vitamin Powdered Supplement Mix, 30 On-The-Go Servings) a while back, and was not impressed. I mixed both packets with 16oz of water and it was not flavorless at all.  It tasted awful.  Maybe if I did one packet at a time in with juice or soda it would be okay. I want to give it one more shot though. I was a little hesitant at first because the box wasn't sealed, the flap was just tucked in, but the blogger I won it from said the same thing happened to hers. Oh, and there was only 29 instead of 30 (yes I counted), but it was free so I just let it go.

4)  We celebrated Rob's mom's birthday on Sunday with lunch at Outback.  I was a little nervous I wouldn't find anything because of my meat aversion, which is mostly me eating it, but sometimes the sight of it grosses me out a little.  I had a baked potato and a salad and that was actually sufficient for me.  I'm really happy to have in-laws that I love and get along with.  I hear horror stories about in-laws, and I have never had an issue.  They are always helpful and supportive to us.

5) The weather here has been cold and rainy all week.  I don't hate the rain, but the cold plus the rain together is awful.  All I want to do is stay inside under a blanket.  I had to run errands Wednesday and I wore my rain boots   Bad idea.  I went to 7 stores and walking around in them for hours was not a smart choice. My feet were in agony.   I didn't realize it would be a problem, but I won't make that mistake again.  The rain is likely to continue for another week or so.  Come back sun!

6) I made fajitas this week for Rob.  I baked them in the oven and Rob said the taste wasn't any different, but I think they were easier.  I still had to do all the same prep-work, but then I didn't have to constantly monitor the pan.

7) I'm attempting to make cloth wipes using old pajamas.  I cut them up but I'm not very good at that and the sizes are all different.  I am using 3 layers of fabric.  My plan is to sew
them together.  I started to and the needle kept coming un-threaded and then I finally got into the groove and the bobbin ran out of thread.  I took it as a sign to stop for the day.





















8) Actually I did win 2 things yesterday (I add to the post throughout the week so when I wrote #1 I hadn't yet).  I won a bottle of contact solution in an instant win.  I don't normally enter those, but it had a really high amount of winners.  I also won a paint color deck, which I don't really know what that means, but I'm guessing it probably wasn't the top prize in the contest.
I have a list of everything I've won in a tab at the top of the page for those who have been asking.  I don't keep everything.  I've kept most of the baby/kid stuff, but a lot of the other things I have given as gifts.

If you made it to the end and want to do me a favor can you click on the vote for me button on the right sidebar.  I'd appreciate it. Thanks!  You don't have to sign up for anything and it is seriously one click.


2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! I just checked out your contest winnings. You have won an insane amount of stuff! How long have you been doing this? I haven't won anything yet. Getting impatient! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been entering contests since the beginning of last summer. I don't win as often as I used to though.

      Delete