Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

This post is very picture heavy and the formatting is a little messed up. It also can be kind of sappy :)

Us on our first anniversary.  Every year we will add to this picture. 

















Today marks our second wedding anniversary! We got married 4.15.2011.  We knew we wanted a spring wedding and we wanted it to be on a Friday.  We thought about the 22nd, but turns out that was good Friday and the place we were going to have the reception wasn't available so we went with the week before that.  There was no ceremony or anything to choosing the date.

We got married at the church we attend.  The weather was cold and I really wanted outdoor pictures (it was one of the few things I insisted on). It was the kind of cold that you stop feeling after a minute, but we were quick and I love the pictures.

Rob surprised me at the end of the night with a night at the Amway; I thought we were just going back to our house, and I would have been okay with that.  He even hired a car to drive us there, and packed a bag for me (and he did pretty good, forgot extra shoes for me though :) ).




























































































Rob proposed 7.4.10 just as the fireworks were starting.  He had planned it out and after the fireworks we celebrated with cake and sparkling cider. Looking at these pictures make me smile.





















Rehearsal Dinner






















The view from the room Rob surprised me with. 


Like all couples we have our moments, but I love Rob so much.  I love the way he supports and encourages me when I'm having a bad day or feeling stressed out.  He can always make me laugh and smile, even when I want nothing more than to be mad at him. 

I think year 2 was actually harder than the first year.  Not just because of the pregnancy losses, but I think the whole newlywed thing started to wear off, and we had to adjust more. 

We're pretty good at talking things out when we have issues and not just forgetting about it and pushing it under the rug. 

I'm thankful to have him as my husband and look forward to many years to grow as a family.



8 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures! You had so many cute details. Your bouquet was gorgeous - and I love the centerpieces with the limes. So cool! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really liked the centerpieces too. I saw the idea somewhere and our florist did a great job with it, Plus limes were a little cheaper to work with. We had other ones with sliced limes and ribbon in skinny vase, with a floating candle, but the candles never got lit, so I still have lots of them at home. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your anniversary.

    Your wedding photos are amazing, your dress was gorgeous! Also I love the color of the bride's maid dresses and on your cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I liked the look of the same color dress, but different styles.

      Delete
  3. That was such a fun day! So thankful you let me be part of it! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SUCH a great anniversary pic idea! I'm here from the blog party and happy to be! Following you via GFC and I hope you'll come check me out, too! http://www.parentwin.com/2013/04/ultimate-blog-party-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I luckily saw it on pinterest before our anniversary. Rob thought it was silly at first but now he thinks it will be pretty cool.

      Delete