Friday, March 15, 2013

Overwhelmed

In regards to the job search thing I just feel overwhelmed.
I've said before that the last few jobs fell into my lap, and I haven't had to job search in almost 9 years.  

I don't know where to start.  I suppose I need to write a resume and cover letter, but I admit at 27 I don't know how to do that.  I'm sure I wrote one in high school as a assignment but seeing how that was almost ten years ago I'm sure things have changed a little. 

And frankly I don't know what I want to do.  I've applied for a few child care jobs via care.com, but haven't heard back from them.  It would be ideal to be able to bring the baby with me, and not have to pay child care costs, but taking a job and them knowing that in 6 months I'm going to need a while off seems less likely to happen.

I'm beating a dead horse here because I know I've talked about this before.

Everyday Rob asks me if I've found something.  I wish I could tell him yes, and I wish I could say that I was trying harder.  I feel like I've already become a bum.

I'm nervous and scared and trying to remember that God will provide.  He provided this week already with a few baby necessities.

But then we found out we are getting less back for taxes than we thought, as in several hundred dollars less.  It should be okay since we first were getting more than we thought back. 

Just pray for me okay?

And on a completely random unrelated note I started a fb page for this blog when I first began it.  I haven't updated it since last fall.  I'm going to try to do better about because I think that might be easier for me to do (quick fb updates vs longer blog posts).   There is a tab at the top of my page for it.  Hopefully it worked.  I'm not so tech savvy   But thanks to a great tutorial I figured out how to make a blog button (it's just a practice one; see right sidebar).  Just because all the cool kids have them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment