Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 25-Describe my Location

Right at the moment I'm sitting parked on the couch at my house which is on a quiet dead on street in a small town in West Michigan where I grew up.

The house the day Rob closed on it in 2009



















I wish the house looked like it does in the picture.  There is snow on the ground right now, and I'd love to be able to see the grass again. 

I like our quiet street and the fact that it will be a great place to raise or kids, or at least the first few (we have 2 extra bedrooms, but I want more than 2 kids).

Living a mile from my parents & Rob's dad has it's perks.  Rob's mom only lives 20-25 minutes away, and our siblings are within 30-35 minutes. 

I do wish that I could live somewhere warmer, somewhere that I wouldn't have to bundle up in heavy layers half the year, but our family is here and I'm not sure I'd want to live so far away from them.  


7 comments:

  1. If family is important to you, then stay! You can always take off in the cold months and go visit a nice beach somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day I want to be a 'snow bird' and head south every winter.

      Delete
  2. We used to live within 5 or 10 minutes of our family members but that hasn't been the case for over a decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see my family all the time, but I like knowing I can just stop over if I want to.

      Delete
  3. All my family is here with me too and it certainly has its advantages. Although, it would be nice to be "on my own" somewhere. You have a lovely home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love living close to family. They are your best support system. Your house is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been a few times that I've been sick (before pregnancy) that I have called my dad to get me something when my husband wasn't home, and just recently my mom brought me over a humidifier.

      Delete