Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Wrapping it up

Like all years 2012 had it's ups and downs.


Our first anniversary
In April we celebrated our first anniversary by going back to the hotel we spent our wedding night at.
A few days after that rob had surgery on his knee and was off work until mid June. This was 2 1/2 weeks after starting a new job.






Mackinac Bridge
In June we took a mini-vacation to the U.P  (upper peninsular for those non Michiganders). I hadn't been there in 15 years.  We went with my sister, her husband and another couple.  The boys spent most of the time fishing.  I wanted to sight see, but didn't have a car and was bored the other girls wanted to sit and read the whole time. We did end up going one place but I like vacations to be about seeing new things and felt like this one wasn't.

In July I finished my first 5k (and probably only one).  I ran about 70% of it, and finished it in just under 35 minutes.  I was still impressed with myself.


I mid-August I went skydiving for the first time.


















The end of August brought the end of the job I'd had since May of 2007.  I would have loved to stay but the kids were just to old for me.  Boo.
I also found put my sister was pregnant at the end of August.
Then after Labor Day I started a new job and am liking it so far.
In September I found out I was pregnant, and then a few days later I was no longer pregnant.
In October I became an aunt again to a sweet little girl named Elisabeth (Libby)
I also found out I was pregnant again in October and once again had a loss a few days later.
At the very end of the year Rob started another new job.  Really hoping he will stick with this one.


So yeah, there were great moments,  but I'm ready for a new year.

My goal for 2013 are to pay off my student loans.  I owe a little under $1,200 so it's doable.  I don't owe a pavement until 2015 because I'm far ahead so that may be a goal for the second half of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment