Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Five 9.14.12


1) In case you've been MIA I had a miscarriage this week.  It was an early miscarriage (also refered to as a chemical pregnancy (c/p), but it doesn't make it any easier.  I can honestly say I was devastated, and I am not trying to be dramatic. But today was a much better day for me.  I didn't cry today.

2)Thursday was my sister in law's birthday.  I skipped the birthday dinner at her house and don't feel bad at all.  I won't feel bad because I did celebrate with her on Saturday, I still told her happy birthday, and I just can't be around her at the moment.  I love you Lisa, but seeing you at almost 37 weeks pregnant while I'm in the process of having a miscarriage wouldn't have been easy and I know you would understand.

3) I tried to paint our front door this week.  It had been faded from the sun and I thought a coat a paint would spruce it up.  It didn't.  The before was better than the after.  Had I put a second coat on it would help, but I ended up helping Lisa out on Tuesday because she was sick.  The other thing was that the door has this triangle pattern in it and it is not a smooth coat.

4) I am starting to really enjoy my job.  Not that I wasn't before, but getting into a routine helps.  Today when I was leaving A (who is 3) wanted to come out and wave goodbye and she tells me "I'm glad you came to my house."  Oh melts my heart.

5) Speaking of job's, I'm going to visit the kiddo's from the other job tomorrow.  It's been 2 weeks since I've seen them, which isn't a long time, but it's the longest I have gone without seeing them in 5+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment